Monday, March 28, 2011

Meeting People

I am borrowing this film TRICK from Gaytwogether.com and also UTube. I don't usually post videos but I thought this one might evoke some discussion, esp helpful to guys who often email me 'on the side' about how to meet gay guys, where to meet them, how do you do it?, etc.  I am hoping some of you will be willing to share your own ideas of the Wheres? and HowTos? 

There are a lot of guys -- of all ages --  who wish they could meet others, but hold back because of shyness. plain old fear, "fear of rejection and I will feel worse then I do now", "what if no one is interested in me?" and the like.

When the series QAF ran on Showtime I was not old enough to do any of that stuff. . . .like go to "Babylon" and all the stuff that went on there.  I saw a lot of this series later on, when I was in college, on LOGO
I couldn't or wouldn't bring myself act like Gail Howard and the character namesake 'Justin'. . . at least not in public.  LOL  The club scene at home in Provincetown is similar, but a bit more subdued. . .but the thumpa-thumpa music is the same. . . .Like the night Peter got "up his nerve" to talk to me. . .while I was doing the "wall flower routine" by the deck overlooking the beach and the Bay. . . we had to move away from the dancing crowd  so we could hear each other. . . .We were both nervous and I felt totally "wonderful" that this hunky guy, this beautiful guy wanted to talk with me, know me, hang out with me. . . . . .I've done that, too, but not as easily as this time seemed to be. . . .and the rest is our history.  hehe. . . .

The main advice I can offer to anyone is this:  If you want to meet other gay guys you must go where they are, where you are likely to meet and talk with other guys.  Sitting home, alone, eating popcorn and watching  NCIS or NCIS-LA  isn;t going to get you into the 'scene' "where the boys are. . ."

Granted this flick is rather steroptypical. . . .etc etc, I bet a lot of us can identify with the "shy guy". . .
So. . . .what can we share with the "afraid" guys?  "Reach out and help someone" by sharing your thoughts.   If you don't quite feel free to post comments directly, email them to me  jstn_oshea@yahoo.com and I will post them without any names.  OK?  
Thanks. . . .. justin

http://gaytwogether.typepad.com/gaytwogether/2011/03/gay-relationships-the-movie-trick-hd-remastered-jjprods-video.html

5 comments:

JustinO'Shea said...

Looks like you will have to cut n paste this to your browser to open the URL. . . .sorry about that.

justin

http://gaytwogether.typepad.com/gaytwogether/2011/03/gay-relationships-the-movie-trick-hd-remastered-jjprods-video.html

Gary Kelly said...

Where do you meet gay guys? When I was a teen, there were no clubs or particular venues where gay guys congregated. But that didn't stop me from meeting stacks of them.

They were on the train, in the office at work, at the beach, in the street, at church dances, and everywhere else you can think of. Millions of 'em!

My problem back then was I didn't have a bloody clue what the story was. I was so naive it was ridiculous. Opportunities were coming thick and fast outta the wordwork and dumbass me failed to recognize them. Hehe.

Sure, I was madly in love, infatuated and all that kinda stuff but I had no idea why or what to do about it. And neither did they. It was all so innocent back then.

Anyway, the point is, gays are everywhere. Open your eyes and there they are. Even at the local bakery.

JustinO'Shea said...

Thanks, Gary. . .I'd hoped for contriibs like this. lol
Now. . let's see where all this may go. I am hopeful! ;-)

Richard said...

I watched that movie on Logo a couple of years ago. It is a great flick and I really like the mashup with music which has been made of it.

Richard said...

Like Justin, I met my other half at a bar. It wasn't at a romantic location like the Boatslip with golden light making everyone look beautiful at tea dance, but at a leather bar. He was 12 years younger than I and, as he told me later, he had seen me there a week earlier but was afraid to approach me. Well, this time he did approach and we consumated the meeting in a stall in the men's room. That was 28 years ago. So, magic CAN happen if you are open to it.