Saturday, April 16, 2011

Kissing and Intimacy

Gary Kelly has left a new comment on your post "" Kiss -In "":

Because of my upbringing during the '50s and 60s, I still feel uncomfortable at the sight of two men kissing in public. It seems odd to me, and even repulsive.

I'm not sure I could ever accept it as normal behavior. I've seen it often enough in clubs and at parties, but not in public. Even holding hands in public bothers me.

So here's a question for JustinO: Do you and Peter kiss in front of parents and siblings? Or do keep such behavior private?

Hello Gary and All Y'All. . .
Well, let me tell you Peter and I do not kiss like this. . . .in public.  Not at all.  Not in front of parents and siblings either. LOL






And we are much too private to behave like this in front of anyone!  WE both think that intimacy like this  is best reserved for
private special times. . . .ALONE. . ..the two of us.  We are not into "group stuff". . . .where some behave like dogs loose in a "poop park". . . ..To each his own. . . ..chacun a non gout. . . .Public intimacy is not for us. . . .



However. . .on certain occasions. . . like Christmas and New Years. . . .or saying goodbye when I go back to school we might do a kinda quick kiss . .. like this below. . . .and have done this in front of parents and siblings.   We are more discrete when the Urchins are with us. . .my niece and nephews. . . . .but we do hug and even sit close in family gatherings. . ..when everyone else is sitting close due to numbers of the Clan. LOL



















As I said above, we  just do not think that engaging in "suck face" is appropriate in public.  hahaaaa  In private. . . . .
well, I never kiss and tell. . . .lol

We DO hold hands when walking in Provincetown.. . . if and when it comes naturally.  We really do not insist on being a public nuisance in traffic and crowds. . . ..and do not want the other to ever feel like a "trophy in tow"  or on a leash.
Our intimacies are for us. . .for Peter and me. . . .and no one else .  This is how we see things for US, and never want to set norms and styles for others.  . . . .since we do not  plan on following  the styles of others ourselves.

ciao, ciao ~~~
   Peter and Justin

2 comments:

Gary Kelly said...

Makes sense to me. You wouldn't want to see your parents groping and kissing passionately in front of everyone. Nothing wrong with a peck on the cheek or a quick kiss now and then, but I agree than anything more than that needs to be kept private.

Unknown said...

Being somewhere between Gary and Justin in age, I can agree with both completely. I would go so far as to say that even when straights make out in public, it makes me uncomfortable. That is meant for private in my eyes.
I've never heard anyone describe holding hands as being a trophy or in tow before, but I completely agree that is how it feels to me.