Tuesday, January 4, 2011

More about Age. . ..

G'day Justino,
 
How's this font? :-P
 
Now, about all this silly youth versus age business, and old codgers talking about losing their physical attractiveness. As as youth, I was a glorious blossom. These days I'm a dried arrangement. So what's wrong with a dried arrangement? They last longer, and they don't need watering. You stick them in a vase, stand them in the corner and dust them occasionally. Far more practical.
 
People admire beauty, no doubt about that. But they also admire humor, and they admire wisdom. People like to laugh, they like to be entertained, they enjoy interesting conversation and they like to learn new things.
 
Lemme tellya something about being a Fossil. I'm streets ahead of the person I was years ago. I'm funny (almost as funny as Banister), I'm interesting, I'm a good cook, I know more, I listen more, I understand more and, yes, I enjoy life more.
 
Older folks who complain about being old are missing the point. Being older is cool if you want it to be. You just gotta stop bitching about what's gone and wake up to what's here and now. What's here and now is all that really matters.
 
Gary

9 comments:

JustinO'Shea said...

Much better, Gary. Easy on the eyes. ;-) Thanks
JustinO

Gary Kelly said...

I think it was Dame Edna Everage who described her husband Norm's genitals as a dried arrangement, and I thought it was the funniest thing I'd ever heard.

Unknown said...

I may only be half way there, but I can see Gary's point. Youth is a fleeting thing. You blink and it's gone. We spend more time as an antique than a late model.
I'd encourage those that are young, to enjoy what they have. No doubt.
But like our wise old friend states, we also need to embrace our age.

JustinO'Shea said...

OK. . .enjoy. . .embrace our age. . but do we have to ACT our age too? ;-)

Jim said...

Couldn't agree more Gary! Age is highly overrated......what does it really mean, anyway? Not much, in the larger scheme of things. Enjoy whatever age you happen to be.
Jim

Anonymous said...

I don't.

Greg in Adelaide

JustinO'Shea said...

Oh Oh COOPS. . .I don't insist. . I just go along with the customs. . .don't celebrste. . .stick with your "B" guy! hahahaaaa

God forbid we shake the stoggy lace-curtain Boston Irish

Yo ho ho

JustinO'Shea said...

No more birthdays, lest anyone be upset.

Official Decree from North Shore.

JustinO'Shea said...

Oooopssss. . .wrong initials. . . It is "J". . . .these initials all look alike on a cloudy morning. . .;-))