Saturday, August 18, 2012

Formatting the Blog Page

Good morning All Y'All. . .

This email just arrived and I want to address it.  ;-)

<<Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Lost in Love?": 

I don't know whether it's just me or if perhaps everyone 
else encountering problems with your blog. It looks like some of the written text within your content 
are running off the screen. Can someone else please provide 
feedback and let me know if this is happening to them 
too? This may be a problem with my internet browser because I've had this happen previously. Kudos
Also visit my web-site get the best woodworking bench plans >>

Dear Anonymous:
I checked the blog post of your underlined "Lost in Love" and it is all contained on the blog page on my computer.  . .there is no run-over. . .for me.

BUT I do know that now and then there is "content running
off the screen".  I do not know why.  It may be my fault and I do not know how to correct it.  When I am typing/formatting an entry it looks just fine, all in place, contained within the 'box'.  When there is "run off/over" I see it only after it has been published on the blogpage.

I've gone back and worked on editing. . .but I am not able to correct.  I end up spending a lot of time trying but to no avail.  So I let it go.  Fortunately it doesn't happen at my end very often.  If it did, I am afraid I wouldn't post much of anything as I just do not have the time to spend on this.  As I said, it doesn't happen at my end, as far as I know, very often.

Are others finding this a problem?  Any suggestions, ideas?
As i said, when I am typing/formatting the page it leaves me looking fine, contained.  It is only later that I see the flaws. . .that I have not been able to change.

I am "dancing as fast as I can, or plan on" :-)) and I welcome and appreciate all the help I can get.  Anyone else have some good ideas on this?

I am grateful for any and all assistance.

ciao ciao ~
  justin

7 comments:

JustinO'Shea said...

Coopsta. . .your most obedient servant is forever grateful. . . .ho ho ho. . .wait'll I got YOU!!!

Richard said...

I have noticed it several times and it has nothing to do with IE per se, IMHO. I have tried Firefox and Opera with the offending items and get the same results. I think Coop is correct when he says that it has to do with pasting items from other sources where the line returns do not modify.

jimm said...

Justin, there is a 'preview' option before you post. I would suggest trying that to see how it might appear on your blog.

Sometimes you have to downsize photos to fit the blog. I think mine are around 800x600.

Like the coopsta says, when posting content from elsewhere, reformat it or reduce the font size.

Then... post onto my documents

Next re-copy that, then...

Paste to wordpad or notepad, then recopy from there and post onto blogger.

This works for text.

Regardless, pasting onto wordpad or notepad, then copying and pasting into blogger, often helps/works.

Gary Kelly said...

Yep, when you copy/paste stuff directly from other sites, you also copy the formatting.

You were hoping for a simple answer, weren't you JustinO. Hehe.

JustinO'Shea said...

How'd you guess, Gary ? hahaaaa

JustinO'Shea said...

I d k. . . r u ? ;-)

JustinO'Shea said...

THANK YOU for you comments and help; I appreciate it.

When I post an article or photo from somewhere it always fits in the allotted space on my page. Before publishing it I always check Preview.
It is still in the desired format/condition. Then I go back and publish.

Later on when I see it online the over-hang has occurred. . .which was not apparent before. What happenend? No idea.

I "do my possible" - Je fais mom possible - as Gramma says, and that is is. Other bloggers know that doing a blog can be time consuming.. I will "do my possible" but 'excellence of format, etc, is not my main priority. Communication of ideas is more important. . .my personal relationships and academic responsibilities are top priorities. The latter will come to the forefront in a few days.

Peter leaves in the morning back to
Gram's with classes resuming and work at the clinic. I still have a few days left at home, then I'll pack up the FIT and head out.

WHERE DID THE SUMMER GO???

ciao ~~
justin