Monday, December 12, 2011

Winding Down to Christmas Break

This time of year I barely have time to eat. . .or sleep .so no time for cutesies. . . .
While the urchins are dreaming of sugar plums and booze parties and other sorts
of trite debaucheries , teachers are foolishly reading and grading "creativity and promise" from underclassmen and women. . . .and . . .
in grading finals are regretting they gave their urchins time to be creative in their replies cuz now I have to read all that "creativity". . . ..and, as dedicated as I am to their growth and beneficial advancement in accumulating more bills and loans for the coming terms/semester, I wish with solemn devotion I had created objective exams: i.e., no brainers. . . ..so easy to make a place-over score card and go to town on the  papers.
Either they "know" it or they don't. . ."world without end. Amen. Ahmen." 

Meanwhile the varying stages of exoding have begun. . . Peter went home earlier today. . . He  is all done. Passed all his grades with proverbial and expected "flying colours". . . hehe. . . and can't wait to feast his eyes on the shore lines of Cape Cawde.  .  .  .Since I cannot leave until Wedneday. . .if I am lucky. . .no reason for him to wait for me. . .since we both want our cars at home. . . .makes life so much easier. . . . I will arrive home asap.

As you know we cannot go home. . ..even though my own exams are done, orals included. . . I must have all of my own teaching classes  done: everything graded, all forms signed, sealed and delivered to the proper departments, secretaries, abstractors and recorders, including the over-paid electronics engineers who run this place of higher learning. . . .. 

Thank Gawd we are not at or like Penn State with their own version of 'Starsky and Hutch'. . . .the high degree of inert paranoia that must be running close to surface must be so tangible as to semi-paralyse all those who "fool around". . . .lest some awful thing might surface and the solid matter hit the AC. . . .enough to give some limp dick, so I've heard term it. . . .ho ho ho  But as for the innocent or/and pure of heart. . . .only desire is the limit. . . 
 
All of this is passing. . . . .gratefully. . . .and several weeks away and at home will make a great differnce.  This term has been very, very good. . . .I have learned a great deal and I have enjoyed the learning and the doing. . . .
 
Peter and I wish you much peace, love and joy during this Holiday Season. . . .however you observe it may you find much JOY!
 
  JustinO

6 comments:

Gary Kelly said...

You've come a long way in just a few short years, JustinO. It shows in your writings.

Unknown said...

You go, and enjoy your holiday breaks. While the rest of the world slaves away. Where everyday is a deadline and tomorrow starts a new one.
No really, enjoy it enough for all of us.

JustinO'Shea said...

Thanks, Stew. . . .I have every intention of doing just that. . . "enjoying the day. . .staying in the present. . ." without any guilt whatsoever. . .whether neurotically engendered from within or projected from without. ;-)

Don't you agree . . .we all make the beds we sleep in. . ? [And I'd like a little more sleep right now. . .literally as well as figuratively.]

ciao ciao. . . justin

J said...

Am I correct in surmising that when Peter isn't in town you are more inclined to blog? You must get lonely when he isn't there.

JustinO'Shea said...

Hmmm. . .might be. . .of course I am not hustlin' off to my own classes and work, or the clinc, and of course the two daily clasees I teach, plus just plain being around are closed. . .and as the papers, and grades coming to an end I do have a lot more free time. . . and our apartment is very quiet. . .without Peter here too. . .yes, I miss his not being here. . now that work is almost done. . just nice with him here, in, out, Heys, etc. . gibber-jabber. . LOL

Tho we are not joined at the hip . .we are joined in the heart. . . part of us is missing. . .

Thanks for enquiring. . . ;-)

Jim said...

Oh that world of exams and 'correcting'! Soon you will be doing with your eyes closed! Or begin to use those dreaded objectives (easier to correct but really doesn't 'tell' all that much about what the students have learned, other than memorizing.
Have a great holiday Justin!