Saturday, January 28, 2012

News from Down Under

Re: Hello?

FROM:
TO:

Friday, January 27, 2012 11:25 PM
 
G'day JustinO,
 
Yesterday, I drove to to the Port Macquarie Base Hospital, about an hour up the coast from here, to get a feeding tube inserted in my stomach. The main cancer surgery was done in Sydney, and the tumor was successfully removed, but I'll also be undergoing six week's radiation therapy at Port Macquarie, starting in two weeks. They say the radiation on my neck will make swallowing difficult and my throat sore so I'll need the tube to feed myself. How thrilling. According to the doc it's a precauctionary measure just to make sure no nasty cancer cells are still lurking.
 
Anyway, I thought the extra belly button was gonna be a one day job but they wouldn't allowed me to drive back home on the same day. Apart from that, I'm really tired lately and lethargic. I'll be glad when all this bullshit is over.
 
Thanks for asking after me, JustinO. I'm getting there... albeit slowly.
 
Gary

3 comments:

Jim said...

Gary, I hope you have a 'good book' to pass the time. Good that they are being cautious. Hang in there.
Jim

GreginAdelaide said...

Gee Gary, I hope it all goes well...and fast. Get back home soon and I look forward to hearing some more of your sharp perceptive comments, and stir Justin up again soon, you haven't had a rise out of him in a while :-0

Mebbe he is getting used to you... ;-)

Get well fella.

Anonymous said...

Gary, I'll be checkin on ya every day... from my room, of course!

jimm