Friday, November 4, 2011

  Justin,

Don't know if your up to this.  Just wanted to let you see what our crazy
world is up to.  It is too much for me.  I send this with sadness in
my heart.  What happened to Love your enemies as we love yourselves.?????
Will not look for anymore sad events...

Joe Galant

Best we can tell, The CW 33 on Wednesday night became the first TV
station to air a report on the case of Burke Burnett, the 26-year-old
from Paris who says he was the victim of a brutal anti-gay hate crime
last weekend at a party in Reno, Texas. Burnett tells The CW’s Charles
Bassett that he was inspired to come out as gay at 15 following the
murder of Matthew Shepard. “It really, really scared me as a little
boy to think that that’s what happens to gay people,” Burnett says.
Bassett’s report notes that Reno police are being tight-lipped about
their investigation but now have three suspects in custody charged
with aggravated assault. “I haven’t prayed enough about that yet to
know exactly what I want done to these people,” Burnett says, “but
it’s not my job to decide what justice for these guys is.” Watch the
video below, and look for a full story in Friday’s Dallas Voice.
1 Attached files| 13.9MB

1 comment:

Gary Kelly said...

The file didn't work for me. But all this bullying business and hate crime is basically about airheads who figure the only way they can elevate their own importance is by putting other people down; either by ganging up on them or choosing someone physically incapable of defending themselves adequately.

Muhammad Ali didn't win the World Heavyweight Championship by boxing lightweights. And that's something bullies need to understand. If you wanna be the best, compete with the best... one on one.

I know it's off topic but it's worth remembering what Ali said when he refused to be conscripted into the US Military, based on his religious beliefs and opposition to the Vietnam War. "I ain't got no quarrel with them Viet Cong... No Vietcong ever called me nigger."

What does that have to do with bullying? I guess Ali felt he was being bullied, and wasn't gonna stand for it. He was publicly vilified for making that remark, but later vindicated when public opinion turned against the war.