Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I OWE. .I OWE. . . IT'S OFF TO WORK I GO. . .



LOL. . . . .LOL. . . . YES yesterday I rejoined the local work force! Last year there was no work due to all our recesssion problems. This summer things are better. My buddy Rob's Dad has a construction company and this summer he was able to hire the kids again. We've been working for him since high school. He has been good to us!

What do I do? Where there is a pic of me above, early at work, still with a shirt on. . .to keep the "dust off". . . I work hanging drywall. aka sheet rock, also I am a "mud slinger": I do the taping and sanding and firm/close up all the seams and corners. In this pic I am sanding the dried mud used to seal the taped seams. . . ...DUSTING! SO I am not dressed to do coronary by-pass but to make the walls and ceilings ready for the painters. When I leave a room it is ready for the painters!

Today was warm. . . .LOL. . in the low 90*f. Sweaty work. . ..and the day goes on, some of the clothing comes off. . . ..and the dust makes me look "ghostie". . .hahahaaa.

More later.

justin

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Although I don't work in the field, I have a degree in interior design. I never did like the dirtier side of the trade. I'll design it, you build it. That's the way it works. Trust me, we appreciate the work that you do. Now, where were you when I gutted and rebuilt my bathroom two years ago? And the kitchen is slated for next year so my address is 21.....

Gary Kelly said...

Oh dear... I have a soft spot for butch heroes and now I've gone all wobbly.

J said...

The goggles can't hide your eyes, nor should they ever.